Rise and shine with financing from Alabama Ag Credit. Whether you're just starting out or expanding your operation, we have the expertise in agriculture and rural financing to help you succeed.
New Generation Loan Program
Because the future of American agriculture depends on a new generation of ag producers, we offer a program with flexible underwriting to accommodate the unique needs of young, beginning, and small (YBS) farmers.
Our New Generation Loan Program makes our agricultural loans and land loans available to creditworthy YBS applicants. This program is designed to encourage lifelong lending relationships. In fact, most of our borrowers fall under one or more YBS categories.
New Generation financing is available for:
- Land purchases, improvements, and refinancing
- Agricultural production expenses
- Livestock purchases and expenses
- New and used equipment
To learn more about our New Generation Loan Program, including requirements and limitations, please contact the Alabama Ag Credit location near you.
- The New Generation Loan Program is open to farmers, ranchers, and producers or harvesters of aquatic products who meet YBS criteria:
- Young: Age 35 or younger
- Beginning: One who has assumed the control and risk of an agricultural operation for 10 years or less
- Small: Less than $250,000 in gross annual farm sales
- The borrower must be the farm's or property's sole owner/operator.
YBS Advisory Committee
Established in 2019, the YBS Advisory Committee consists of Young, Beginning, and Small Farmer members of the association. Each member serves a two-year term. The main objective for the advisory committee is to meet with Association leadership to help drive its efforts to fulfill and understand the needs of young, beginning, and small farmers.
- Assist the Association in developing marketing and lending objectives including but not limited to; products, services, rates, and underwriting standards in order to best reach the YBS demographic in our market and further meet the mission of the Farm Credit System.
- Represent the Association at agricultural events and meetings as well as represent the YBS Advisory Committee to the Board of Directors.
- Provide valuable input on policy from the viewpoint of the YBS Farmer to help the association remain relevant as the next generation of agricultural producers begins to become established.
- Learn ways YBS farmers can further be involved in both the Association and the agricultural community as they continue their careers.
June 2021- June 2023 Members Include:
|West Region - 1||Central Region - 2||Wiregrass Region - 3||Gulf Coast Region - 4|
|Amanda Jones||Lauren Wilson||Jesstin Wheeler||Brian Harrison|
|Seth More||Shelby Windham||Daniel Volovecky|
Alabama Cooperative Extension Resources
Available at the touch of a finger, the Farming Basics app from Alabama Extension is a science- and research-based information gateway for small and beginning farmers. The app will serve as a pocket guide to help growers answer everyday questions in the field.
Beginning Start-Up Farmers
For beginning farmers who are just getting started, we award five $10,000 grants that help provide additional support to help JumpStart them toward success. To find out more about the application process, eligibility criteria, and more click here.
For small farmers who sell direct to consumer, we understand the littlest things can make the biggest difference. So we are proud to provide additional support for small farmers through our Farm Market Vendor Voucher Program which helps pay vendor fees to sell at local Farmer's Markets. To find out more about the program click here.
Sponsorship and Donations
Alabama Ag Credit is committed to supporting the state’s new generation of producers. Whether it’s a 4H member buying a show heifer for a foundation herd, a young person taking over the family farm, or an older couple investing in a new ag venture, we applaud their efforts. We sponsor or donate to numerous organizations that help educate young and beginning farmers. Some of these organizations include:
- Alabama Council of Cooperatives
- Farm Credit System Foundation
- Farm-City Week programs
- Agriculture trade shows and commodity tours
- Alabama Agriculture and Forestry LEADERS Program
- Alabama Agribusiness Council
- Alabama Young and Adult Farmers
For more information on Sponsorships and Donations, contact: