Young AgVisory Council
At Alabama Ag Credit we are committed to serving the next generation of farmers. In 2019, we established the Young AgVisory Council that consists of Young Farmers from across Central & South Alabama. Through the Council, we are able to invest in Young Farmers by providing them with opportunities to explore different aspects of agriculture, attend educational workshops, and learn about the unique structure of the Farm Credit System.
Interested in being on the Council? Apply now!
The deadline to apply for the next two-year term is March 16, 2023.
Purpose of the Council
- Assist the Association in developing marketing and lending objectives to best reach the Young Farmer demographic in our market
- Represent the Association at agricultural events and meetings, as well as represent the Young AgVisory Council to the Board of Directors
- Provide valuable input on policy from the viewpoint of a Young Farmer
- Learn ways Young Farmers can be further involved in both the Association and the agricultural community
- Be a current member of the Association that meets the criteria for a Young Farmer (under the age of 35)
- Attend a two-day Kickoff Retreat at Kickback Ranch & Event Center (November 2-3, 2023)
- Complete the AgBiz Basics Program
- Agree to a two-year commitment (Jan 2024 - Dec 2025) to serve on the Council and fully participate in 3-4 meetings, tours, or educational workshops per year
Alabama Ag Credit will compensate its Young AgVisory Council for meetings, conferences and events. Council members will also be reimbursed for mileage at the IRS approved rate.