To get started as a beginning farmer, we understand that every dollar helps.
At Alabama Ag Credit, we are proud to provide additional support for beginning farmers with our JumpStart Grants. These grants will be awarded to five beginning farmers to help jumpstart them toward success.
Our 2022 JumpStart Grants Recipients are:
- John Bretz, Elberta, AL
- Kade & Ashley Campbell, Eclectic, AL
- Todd & Robin Mitchell, Enterprise, AL
- Paige Smith, Northport, AL
- Jessica & Hunter Vick, Fosters, AL
About the program:
- Five $10,000 grants were awarded to beginning farmers in 2022
- Application period ran from May 31, 2022 - July 31, 2022
- Applicants must have submitted a business plan with their application
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- You must have started farming within the past two years or plan to start a farm business in the next year.
- Your operation must be headquartered in one of the forty counties served by Alabama Ag Credit.
- You must be at least 18 years of age; there is no maximum age.
- Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions