To get started as a beginning farmer, we understand that every dollar helps.
At Alabama Ag Credit, we are proud to provide additional support for beginning farmers with our JumpStart Grants. These grants were awarded to five beginning farmers in 2022 & 2023 to help jumpstart them toward success.
About the program:
- Five $10,000 grants were awarded to beginning farmers in 2023.
- Applications were accepted beginning June 30, 2023. The last day to apply was August 31, 2023
- Winners were announced November 2, 2023
- Applicants must have submitted a business plan with their application.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
- Must have started farming within the past two years or plan to start a farm business in the next year.
- Operation must be headquartered in one of the forty counties served by Alabama Ag Credit.
- Must be at least 18 years of age; there is no maximum age.
- Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions
2023 Winners were:
- Caitlin Blackmon, Coffee County
- Jason Kudulis, Mobile County
- Jacqueline McArthur, Macon County
- Kaitlyn and Cade Newton, Henry County
- Austin Steen, Pike County